- I woke up before my alarm went off.
- I spent a little quality time with each of my kitties this morning, which they loved and appreciated.
- It was a beautiful day today and I didn’t need to wear a jacket. The sun was shining, there was a nice breeze and everything.
- I spent the day with Jim, who asked for time off work so he could take me to my new urologist appointment today.
- The nurse practitioner, Melinda Staten, was amazing. She listened to me and had answers to my questions and was very knowledgeable about interstitial cystitis. I never thought the disease was in my mind or that I was crazy. I knew there was something wrong that doctors just weren’t seeing. I was so relieved that I nearly broken down in the exam room. I finally feel that I’m on the road to IC treatment and relief.
- We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch after the appointment. Although I couldn’t really taste my food due to having a sinus infection, the pecan log roll I had was just yummy. I bought a couple of them for my Dad, as well.
- Even though Rainbow Blossom did not have the aloe vera capsules and Prelief that the NP suggested I take, I did find some Frankincense and Myrrh Yum bars couple with Loves Me Not Patchouli-Ylang Ylang soap. I also bought several bars of Soap Works and found Burt’s Bees Honey & Bilberry Foot Cream for half off and bought some dried herbs for the kitchen, some catnip for the beasties and some frankincense and myrrh for Allan and my parents.
- I saw my cousin’s natural soaps and other products of his at Rainbow Blossom. I was so happy and proud to see it. I think his company and the idea behind it is just wonderful.
- I found a beautiful amethyst heart at Rainbow Blossom and bought it for my mom. She thought it was pretty and said, “Ooh.” when she saw it. It was a genuine reaction that made my own heart happy.
- I have a raspberry trifle in the works but am too tired tonight to finish it.
- Jim bought me a pair of dark purple and white striped aloe-infused socks from Walgreens.
- My insurance covered my new medication to treat IC: UTA. Yay!
- I found the Prelief at Walgreens and it isn’t a crazy, ridiculous price so I should be able to afford it monthly.
- Jim and I visited with Mom and Dad tonight and had a good time, though Dad’s leg was hurting.
- I finally played and snuggled with Big Dog, who is usually too aggressively friendly towards me and hogs in whenever I try to pet Courtney or Chipper. He always tries to go to first base with me. I actually hugged him around his neck today, petted him and talked sweet to him. Everything was fine except for him trying to get to first base, then licking me. Eww, doggie spit.
- I was invited to join a new BzzCampaign for Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream. I’m really excited about it but more info about that later.
- I won the Premier Virtuoso badge in Pinochle on Pogo today.
- Mom and Dad gave me their old wii system and lent me wii Sports and wii Fit, along with her balance board so I can start doing training and yoga to help with my vertigo and fibromyalgia. I’m looking forward to playing with it but am way too exhausted to even think about it tonight.
All in all, not a bad day.